Our Ethernet MAN (Metropolitan Area Network) service is a high-speed fibre data service. It is suitable for carriage of non-routable protocols. Ethernet MAN is available to connect site-to-site, or now also can connect one site to many.
Ethernet MAN lets data be transmitted between our respective network boundaries at:
- one of your premises in an metropolitan area; and
- another one of your premises in the same local call area and the same metropolitan area.
- Ethernet MAN is only available in an metropolitan area and in the local call areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Hobart and the regional centres that we tell you about.
The benefits are as follows:
- Flexible and efficient use of bandwidth
- Monitor performance of network components
The core features of Ethernet MAN are:
- Bandwidth on demand – customer can dynamically change the bandwidth of each connected site from 2Mbps up to 1Gbps. Bandwidth changes can be also scheduled using the Schedule Manager
- Detailed reporting functionality – Ethernet MAN reporting is available through the NGDR reporting portal
- Varying levels of redundancy – choose to build resiliency in your network with access types ranging from Single Uplink Ethernet MAN to Fully Redundant Ethernet MAN.